Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Peace and Resolve

Nothing much to report. I checked my fall quarter grades online: I got a 4.0 in French 201. I don't think I deserved it, and I know I need some review and drill to be ready for next quarter, but I've been very lazy so far over winter break.

In fact, most of the time I was working at the coffee shop I was on closing shift and didn't have to be at work until mid-day, so it's been more than three years since I've had to wake to an alarm clock, or be out of bed before 9am regularly. I told myself this is one of the rare, few benefits of restaurant/retail work, and I had a right to enjoy it.

But now I have no excuse. I haven't been setting my alarm, but I am training myself to get out of bed as soon as I wake up if it's after 6am, instead of lazing, dozing and falling back to sleep until eight or nine. Next step is to practice a few simple yoga moves while my coffee is brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment