Monday, December 2, 2013

No such thing as bad weather . . .

. . . only the wrong clothes.

I'll be getting out my full winter-commuter wardrobe for the ride home from class tonight. After a sunny Thanksgiving day came three days of drenching rain. For today, Monday, they're predicting snow in the evening. Except for a walk to the cafe this morning, I've spent the day studying indoors, but I'll have to venture out just as the afternoon is beginning to turn dusky.

Fall quarter is almost over, though - only this week and next, four more class sessions, then the final exam at the end of next week. It's gone by so fast! My classes seemed to demand more study time outside of class than I remember, but maybe that's just evidence of how unmotivated and irresponsible I was during my first pass through the undergraduate years.

Winter and spring quarters, my class is scheduled for mid-afternoon, so I can ride the bus both ways, and won't have to bicycle home at night. I'll still need to fit in some regular time on the road, but I can choose the weather and ride in the day-time.

Just two minutes ago, the rain started again, with temperatures in the 40's. Time to start steeling myself for another school-day.

Later:


It was snowing a little when I left Ferndale by bus. Three hours later, when I headed home, the skies had cleared and a strong, cold wind was blowing from the north.

It was an invigorating ride home. My fingers and toes ached from the cold at first, but a few minutes of pedaling got my blood moving and my extremities warmed up, except for my nose and cheeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment