Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Winter is Coming

Tonight we are having a torrential rain storm. Tomorrow might be sunny again.

I have been thinking about retiring this blog with the end of the summer. When I began four years ago, bicycling was an integral and necessary part of my life, that I fortunately came to love. I never really swore off ever owning a car again, commuting by bicycle was a way of getting by while working jobs that didn't pay a livable income, until something better came along. Then a year ago I was bailed out by inherited money and now I don't really feel I have so much to say to people who are still scraping by, waiting for the recovery. I mean, I don't want to suggest that the way up from poverty is to be sure to stay on good terms with your rich relations.

I do want to suggest leading a modest, responsible life and learning to find magic and meaning in the every day, ordinary things you find close to home. Like free-range peacocks, baseball games, ice cream at the beach, and riding hard through summer rain storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment