Monday, September 29, 2014

Ferndale Fog


Mornings are a bit foggy these days, but it usually burns off and turns sunny before noon, as it did on Sunday. Except when it rains all day, which it did today. The trees are just barely beginning to show a little fall color and the rain has brought new growth on lawns and fields.


Yesterday the fog was just starting to clear when I took off for a Sunday ride from Ferndale, but after I crossed over the hill crest at West Bakerview Road, I coasted down Northwest Ave. into a fog bank. Downtown Bellingham was socked in all day.


Luckily I was planning to test my hill-climbing on Samish Way up to Lake Padden Park. I did surprisingly well, after a twelve-mile warm up ride from Ferndale, and rode 35 miles total round-trip. It was worth the effort, too, because I found a perfect, sunny fall day at the top of the climb. There were kayakers, paddle-boarders, and even swimmers training for a triathlon out in the lake.

Obviously, someone else found the perfect reward for a hard ride, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment