Monday, March 3, 2014

Persistence

I wimped out again over the weekend, but made up for it somewhat during the week. My training schedule is suspended for the present, the new plan is to just get out and ride any day we don't have rain, snow or gale-force winds. Wednesday I rode sixteen miles to and from school, and Friday I made a 22-mile round-trip to Bellingham. There was a storm blowing in on Friday, causing tailwinds riding south, but I had to struggle with headwinds and sideways gusts going home.

My back has been getting stiff and sore, I think from sitting at the computer or hitting the books at the dining table - lots of study time when the weather is bad. I've been doing a bit of yoga at home as a remedy, hoping sun salutes will bring back the sun.

You're supposed to let go of goals and expectations when practicing yoga, but I hope someday soon I will be able to touch my forehead to my knees when doing standing forward folds. This should also feed in to another aim of my training plan - building up my distance gradually so I don't injure myself by the time I make the century ride at the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment