Sunday, March 16, 2014

Obstacles in the road



I might have to go to Plan C in my training program. I managed to ride a total of 42 miles on two sunny days last week, but trying to work the rest of my schedule around good riding weather was too disruptive.

I didn't ride at all over the weekend. Now I'm thinking maybe I should go back to rain-or-shine bike commuting to school. That way, at least I will log fifteen miles a day, four days a week plus whatever I can manage on the weekends, for the next two weeks. Until spring break, and then I can ride every day all week.
The ever-changing Nooksack woodpile


I have been getting in a lot of study-time. I walk around with random French phrases running through my mind, and sometimes when someone greets me, I almost reply "bon jour." Studying a foreign language as an adult is an interesting experience. Everyone who has a chance should try it. In fact, I recommend any adult with kids nearing college age try taking a class or two, at least a not-for-credit community ed. class. A lot has changed, but some things never do. At the beginning of fall quarter, I had anxious dreams about getting ready for school, but not finding any clean clothes that matched and looked passably stylish, then not being able to find the right building on campus, then walking in late, to the wrong classroom. Then there's test anxiety, and procrastinating with homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment