Saturday, February 15, 2014

Week 3

Soon after I woke up Saturday morning I realized this is a four-day weekend. There's the President's Day holiday on Monday, then Tuesday is a teacher's prep day or something at the community college, so classes aren't being held. With the extra free days, I almost decided to postpone my 25-mile training ride, then I remembered there's no telling how the weather will turn from one day to another, so I'd better not count on good conditions for the rest of the long weekend. My penalty for stalling was that it started raining about half-way through my ride.
The Bellingham Rain Festival at Depot Market Square
It was a good ride anyway, thanks to Moe at Kulshan Bikes, who adjusted the position of my saddle and put a shorter stem on the handlebars, making it much more comfortable. Too bad to get all wet and muddy just after a tune-up, but that brings me back to my old winter-commuter clean-up routine.

I rode a familiar sight-seeing route from Ferndale to downtown Bellingham, along the waterfront trail to Boulevard Park, then on to Fairhaven. On the way back I stopped at The Woods Cafe in Boulevard Park, which is when it started raining, no doubt as punishment for my espresso and pastry break. I stopped at Depot Market Square just long enough to take a photo, noticed the "no bikes" sign and didn't want to park elsewhere to walk through the market. So I made it a quick ride home, with cold, wet feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment