Sunday, January 26, 2014

More training

Well, here's a breakthrough of sorts.

I rode a ten-mile loop this morning on some quieter roads in the Ferndale area. Starting roughly from the Post Office, I rode southish out of town on Hovander Road, to Slater Road, then to Northwest Drive, which I followed north to Woodlawn Cemetery, a bit past the intersection with West Axton Road. From there I took Paradise Road through a semi-rural-suburban area, and came out on Barrett Road to the freeway overpass back to downtown Ferndale, where I rode Main Street back to the PO. It's a pretty ride, with some small hills along the way, but nothing too challenging.

The big breakthrough is, after I got home I messed around with Google maps a bit, and succeed in creating a map, and posting a link, right HERE:

http://goo.gl/maps/di1Ul

This is part of my plan to ease in to training for the Red-Bell 100 century this spring. This route is also a pretty nice ride for any local beginning riders who want to get in better shape and work up to riding longer distances. I'll try to post similar rides as I continue with my DIY training program.

No comments:

Post a Comment