Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Christmas eve I took a ride to see the
lights, but my camera doesn't do well at
night.  This is my best shot.
It seems there's no escaping the weather as a blog topic.

Tonight on my way home from work I rode an extra mile around town to make the odometer on my Surly turn 1500 miles.  I believe I saw snow flakes in the streetlights - I'm not sure because I was riding without my glasses, which fog over in cold weather.

When I first started riding the CrossCheck last September, attractive men who spotted me stopped at intersections would do a double-take, look me up and down and say, "He-e-e-ey, nice bike."  Now it's too cold for them to roll down their truck windows.  If we get serious snow I'll be back to riding my doughty, serviceable K2 for a while.
I admit to a weakness for porta-potty humor.

January 4, around 1pm





Wind-and-rain storms like this make snow seem appealing.

First it's "I don't mind the snow as long as it's dry."

But then when the snow comes it'll be "I wouldn't mind rain if it would just warm up a little."





Mount Baker in ski season

No comments:

Post a Comment