Tuesday, January 24, 2012

True Grit

The snow lasted barely a week, beginning the evening of Sunday the 15th, through Saturday the 21st when the drizzle started.  It was a tiring week for me, though I'm now convinced my new bike was a wise investment.  I'd been riding my snow-equipped K2 hybrid to keep my new bike nice, but by Saturday I was having such terrible back and leg pain and cramping, I wasn't sure I could make it through my shift.  I'm scheduled for some ten-hour days in the next few weeks, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to take it.  On Sunday, when the roads were mostly clear but gritty, I got back on my Surly.  By the time I got to work my spine was beginning to un-kink and my leg felt stronger.

I'm still resting and recovering this week.  I'm sad to think of retiring the K2, but the difference in the fit is so dramatic I think it's time.  And the Surly is payed fer now, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment