Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 2012

Looking back at last year's posts, remembering the course my life was about to take, I'm very, very glad to be where I am now.

I meant to try a day-trip over the border before the end of the year, but the weather has been too stormy and I've been tired from working extra hours.  I'll try again soon - I like to take my passport across the border every now and then, just to make sure it still works.

Birch Bay is said to have a New Year's "fire circle" or "fire walk" when people light beach fires or torches and then walk around the bay.  It sounds like a peaceful, contemplative alternative to loud, drunk parties and I've meant to try it for several years.  But I was too tired after work for a 40-mile round-trip night bike ride.  Another item for my "maybe next year" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment