Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mile posts

The odometer on my new bike turned 1300 miles on the way home from work Sunday evening.  That's since the beginning of August.  My old bike is about to turn 6000, but I can't remember how far back that goes.  I think I've only ridden it about 4000 miles this year.  I plan to reset both of them on New Year's Day - I still haven't reset the time for daylight savings and I think reprogramming one setting will reset everything.

If it snows tonight, which it might, I'll take the K2 out for a ride in the snow tomorrow, and make the odometer roll over.

We've been having some sort of weird weather inversion, with a layer of warm air above, holding down a layer of cold air, which has caused poor air quality and pollution warnings.  I've smelled more car exhaust near the freeway and in town, wood smoke at night along Northwest Drive, and downtown Ferndale smells a bit like a brewery because of the granary (not that unpleasant).  But the skies are clouding up.

No comments:

Post a Comment