Monday, September 26, 2011

Stormy Weather

Yesterday I rode to work in a 25-35mph headwind.  I left home about ten minutes earlier than usual so I could ride low-and-slow.  The ride home was great fun, though.  On Northwest Avenue, on the smooth, straight bike lanes between Bakerview and Smith Road I can pretend I'm time-trialing for three or four miles.

Since Labor Day weekend I've had a cold dragging on, so this morning I visited the clinic and got some antibiotics.  Doctor said possibly "walking pneumonia" or mononucleosis.  I was worried about maybe swine flu or food-borne hepatitis - something that could start a good little plague.  I plan to spend my days off resting up at home until I shake it for good.  The storms are supposed to last only a few days, then we should have another nice spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment