Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Don't know what's wrong with me

Monday's windstorms had gusts of 55-65mph, but today was mostly sunny and pleasant.  I hate to miss a day of riding in these last days of summer.

In the evening after I went to the doctor, I did some searching on Google and Wikipedia and learned that the antibiotic I'm taking doesn't work on colds or flu, but does help prevent or treat malaria, Lyme disease and other parasitic illnesses, and is also effective for some types of arthritis.  I felt much better after taking only two doses.  Maybe I was having an arthritis flare-up.  The lingering cold symptoms were mild, but I was so tired and low on energy and stamina for weeks, having a lot of back pain, and my lame left foot was getting so painful I was beginning to think I'd reinjured my ankle somehow.  After two days of doxycycline, my foot feels almost normal, my neck isn't sore, my spine doesn't crack, and I slept much better last night.

Tomorrow I hope to get out early for an easy sight-seeing ride with my camera so I can post some more pretty calendar photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment