Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dream of the desert

Spring is trying to break through, but the storms have made it impossible to see the sky most days.  Somehow March rain seems more saturating than in other months.  Last Friday my feet got wet riding in to work, and my shoes were still damp at the end of the day.  Didn't really matter, because I got drenched on the way home.  I was wearing a pair of well-worn, two-or-three-year-old Pearl Izumi mesh mountain biking shoes, which I usually like in the rain because even though they're not much protection, at least they dry out quickly.  But they were still soggy on Sunday morning, and so nasty and stanky that I took them straight out to the dumpster.


It's coming up on one year since I started my coffee shop job, and I've been remembering back to the cold wind and rain storms of last year.   Last year was worse.

I was dreaming then about going on an Adventure Cycling tour of Death Valley, and now I'm wishing I'd signed up, but they've already sold out three trips.  Anyhow, I've got to last a full year before I can think about vacation, and even though I've been squirreling away my tip money I don't have much savings.  I can only dream of the desert in spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment