Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Here Comes the Sun




Monday while I was at Starbucks they played George Harrison's "Here Comes the Sun."  It sent me off on a nostalgia trip so intense it was almost psychedelic.  I sat staring out the window at the dirty, wet street, smiling and teary-eyed.

Then this morning, there it was:  blue sky and sunshine.  I put every thing else aside, got out my camera, got on my bike, and went out to take pictures of it.





This looks like a golf course, but it's really pasture, with fir and cedar trees.

Windstorms bring down older trees and branches,
making trail riding interesting in the spring.


Another architectural eccentric

Snow on the Cascade Mountains and foothills, but only remnants left in the ditches down in the flatlands.
In the center of the photo is the Cargill grain elevator, a few blocks from my apartment in downtown Ferndale.

No comments:

Post a Comment