Wednesday, January 26, 2011

4000 miles

My odometer rolled over while I was out apartment-hunting this afternoon.  Since I was about a half-mile from the Sehome Village shopping center, I went and circled around the parking lot to finish my four-thousand-first mile in front of the Bellingham REI Co-op.

That's four thousand miles on an odometer I put on in mid-February 2010.  My bike was purchased in March 2006, and could easily have 20,000 miles on it now.

And here's a gripe on a different topic:  ten years ago in March I moved in to the apartment I'm getting kicked out of now.  Back in those days rentals were advertised in newspapers.  I used to search listings in the paper then go out and drive, bus, bike or walk around to check out addresses I liked.  Now everything is online, and the listings are often out-dated or inaccurate, or you have to sign up for a paid subscription to get complete contact info on current, correct listings.  I like the old way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment