Friday, March 4, 2022

Happy Spring

Sometimes it seems our February weather is colder, snowier and stormier each year. Luckily now I have Facebook to show me photos from two or three or eight years back. My old pictures are usually of snow several inches deep, or flooding from heavy rain and melting snow. It's good to have a digital memory more realistic than my own. Now it's March, the crocuses are up, and I'm ready for spring.

A couple of weeks ago I took my newish TriCross to REI to see if they could add some spacers to raise the handlebars. Turns out they couldn't, but they did swap the stem for one that is angled sharply upwards, and gives me almost an inch more height on the bars.

Today was the first chance I've had to take it for a test ride, and the new stem is just the change I needed. No more numb hands from leaning on the bars, no more stiff neck from riding with my head cocked back too far. I'm much happier now, and ready to travel.

Maybe I'll even start commuting by bike again soon - except that if I don't move my car regularly it tends to get vandalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment