Saturday, August 10, 2013

Best Place in Town

Best brunch & lunch place in Bellingham


The Bagelry on Railroad Avenue. I try not to haunt the same places too frequently, but from the first week after I moved to Bellingham in 1995, this has been my favorite place for a snack or sandwich and espresso. When I lived in town I used to walk to the post office almost daily if I wasn't working, then stop someplace for a coffee break. Now that I've moved to Ferndale, it's a ten-mile bike ride away, so they don't get tired of seeing me, plus I earn my carbs and caffeine.

Last weekend I set out for a Saturday bike ride, but found Main Street closed for Ferndale's Pioneer Days parade, with the traditional high school marching band, equestrian teams, classic cars and a team of  green and yellow John Deere tractors, along with floats from many local businesses. The Whatcom County Democrats and the Tea Party both had entries, but the Republicans didn't make an appearance, unless they got in early, way at the front, and passed by before I arrived.
The end of the parade

No comments:

Post a Comment