Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Correction

Several times in this blog I've made reference to the distant rugged mountains roughly north of Whatcom County as the Canadian Rockies. This is a mistake. I blame it on some childhood misconception that no one ever bothered to correct.

These mountains are actually part of the North Cascades. The Rockies, of course, are farther inland, extending north from the state of Montana. There are a couple of smaller mountain ranges north of here in Canada, the Pacific Ranges and the Vancouver Island Ranges, but I'm not sure what I'm seeing from here. I'm trying to find a map or panoramic photo that will tell me the names of the peaks on the horizon, just because I've lived in Whatcom County since 1995 and think I ought to know by now. Getting the right range will help narrow the search a bit.
This one is Mount Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment