Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Not Yet

Although the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival officially began April 1, we've been having a series of windstorms that last twenty-four hours or more, with winds ranging from twenty-five to fifty miles per hour, and some heavy rain - no more snow here at sea level, to my relief. I'll wait a few weeks before trying a tulip tour.

On March 15 the only coin-op laundromat in Ferndale shut down. Since then I've had to carry my dirty clothes on the bus into Bellingham, killing most of an afternoon. There isn't even a direct bus, you have to make at least one transfer to get to a neighborhood with a laundromat.

Last week, which was particularly cold and rainy on my days off, I got myself into such a stew about it that I couldn't stand to make the trip, and ended up hand-washing some socks, underwear and work clothes at home instead. We have uniform shirts for work so I can get by without a lot of clothes, but four cotton t-shirts took two days to dry.

It takes so little to throw my life off balance. This week I made myself not think about it so much, and was able to get the noxious errand out of the way early on Monday. But this wastes too much time for the long-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment