Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Heat Wave

Around Puget Sound it's not unusual to go without a sunny weekend until the Fourth of July, so this summer is not exceptional.  The sun did come out for the holiday weekend, though, and I spent enough time riding my bike to end up with an interesting new assortment of tan-lines.  My skin tones now range from blue-veined mushroom-white through various shades of tawny to hot-pink.

Today I had to run some job-search-related errands by bus and foot.  When I saw bright sun and blue skies at eight in the morning, I decided to leave my bike at home so I wouldn't get too dusty, sweaty and rumpled on the way to my appointments.  I had to dig through my wardrobe a bit to find clothes that would be more or less presentable to potential employers yet comfortable for walking around town.  To my relief, when I got to the bus stop, a digital sign outside the bank across the street showed the temperature at 70F, tolerable even to a native mushroom like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment