Friday, September 3, 2010

Alas, I won't have much to say about commuting for a while, as I was laid off from my job on September 1.  But this is a glorious season for recreational cycling in Bellingham and I plan to take full advantage before the November rains set in.

Here are some photos from a recent ride to Blaine, just south of the Canadian border:

My trusty K2 on the public fishing dock across from Semiahmoo Spit.

Quick-Step was here - steam-powered


Some scenes from the 2010 Chilly Hilly, a 33-mile ride
around Bainbridge Island, last February:
The bike deck on the ferry
Lining up to disembark - people were very orderly
and docile, probably because of hypothermia.
Rest-stop at the half-way point
The line-up for the return trip on the last ferry to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment