Monday, July 10, 2023

Danger - Danger - Danger

Google continues to send notices about transitioning to Google Analytics, with no clues as to how this site doesn't conform to Google policies. This morning, out of curiosity, I clicked on an ad that just said something like "Continue . . . " and didn't show a clear product or company name (all the ads on my site were the same).

Instantly I was thrown on to an alarming Windows ransomware screen, with an automated voice warning that my computer was locked, don't shut down, contact Microsoft Help immediately, etc. etc. etc. Just like the old Windows 10 forced upgrade thing.

I shut down immediately, restarted, cleared my cookies, ran some security checks and an update.

And removed all advertising from this blog.

Don't click on ads!!!!!!!! Or hyperlinks!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment