Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Twisted Tale

This is the sort of adventure cycling leads me to on rainy days.
A while back I read a blog by a couple who were bike touring in Switzerland. The woman mentioned being served a braided milk bread called zupfe or zopf. I've always wanted to know how to make a braided bread loaf, so I Googled up a recipe, and here is the result. It's not quite regular or symmetrical, but pretty good for a first try, I thought. I made sure to knead it for at least five minutes, until my hands ached a bit, so the texture is smooth and elastic. Tastes good, too.

I may miss the Skagit Tulip Festival this year. Monday was sunny, but I had a list of boring chores, appointments and errands to run. Tuesday and Wednesday both look stormy, and Thursday through Sunday it's back to work.

My blog stats tell me that recently people have been searching the Bellingham Fire Department Pipe Band (three people, or possibly more). I posted pix of the BFD band on "My Birthday Photos" tab, and also the "Bohemian Coast" post back in October, in case you're looking. I may skip the Highland Games this summer, since they will fall on a work day, unless I get lively enough to get out to Hovander Park early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment